Wyomissing Gastroenterologist- Wyomissing Gastroenterologist Office
This page provides you with practical information about our surgery center. It includes descriptions of our location, including a map and directions and hours.
Berks Center for Digestive Health
1011 Reed Avenue Suite 600
Wyomissing, PA 19610
|Monday:||07:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||07:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||07:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Thursday:||07:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Friday:||07:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
*Phones go on night service at 4:45 pm
Surgery Center Facilities, Services & Equipment
Berks Center for Digestive Health (BCDH) is a state of the art, accredited, outpatient endoscopy Center that provides full service endoscopic procedures including colonoscopy and upper endoscopy. We are located in the same building as our Wyomissing office, and Digestive Disease Associate’s Gastroenterologists prefer to do their upper and lower endoscopic procedures in this location. Everything about BCDH is designed to make the patient experience positive and convenient. BCDH is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), an agency which holds ambulatory surgery centers to the highest standards for outpatient care. The center is staffed by specialty trained nurses and technicians who have an in depth understanding of the equipment and procedures that are performed in the Center. The medical and sterilization equipment in the facility is state of the art. BCDH follows rigorous protocols that exceed industry standards for safety and infection control.
The benefits of a procedure at BCDH include:
- All the physicians performing the procedures are Board Certified Gastroenterologists with extensive experience.
- A board certified anesthesiologist supervising all anesthesia services.
- The use of an advanced anesthesia agent called propofol allows rapid sedation of patients and also brings patients back to a normal alert state faster than traditional sedatives after their procedure. Patients typically walk out the door 30 minutes after the procedure.
- Berks Center for Digestive Health performs over 13,000 procedures annually — more than any other facility in Berks County.
- Open Screening is available. This means patients can schedule a screening colonoscopy without scheduling an appointment with the gastroenterologist prior to the procedure.
- We rapidly and efficiently report the procedure results to your primary care physician and any other physicians you request.
- Below are some forms that you may be asked to review and sign before your procedure. Please use them as a reference to read ahead of time so that you can come prepared with any questions or concerns. There is no need to print these out, you will be given copies at the front desk when checking in for your visit.
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.
Preparing for a procedure at our center is done by using a “prep”. A prep cleanses your GI system so our gastroenterologists can scope your large intestine properly and effectively. Digestive Disease Associates will recommend which prep is best for you. Once your prep has been recommended, click on the link below for printable instructions on the "Forms" button on this site.